It’s another big moment in MLCJ. I am weighing and measuring after one week on my ketogenic diet. First, I have to admit…
I weighed myself a couple of times during this first week. I know. I broke one of my rules. I really need to keep my scale under lock & key. Then hand the key over to my 2 year old. I would have a hard time prying it from her greedy, little hands. There it is – off my chest. I know you were secretly hoping that I slipped on my diet. Nope. The only slip up was that I got sloppy inputting my macros a couple of days over the weekend and probably over-ate as a result. Not the worst in the world – I do wonder how might today’s numbers would have differed.
So, here they are:
- 2 lb loss
- 1% loss Body Fat
- 1/2″ loss in my neck (who knew?!)
- Upper Arms (both) no change
- L Forearm – nothing
- R Forearm – 1/4″ loss
- Chest 3/4″ loss
- Band – nothing
- Waist – 3/4″ loss
- Pooch – 3/4″ loss
- Upper hip – 1/2″ loss
- Lower hip – 5/8″ loss
- L Thigh – 3/4″ loss
- R Thigh – 1/2″ loss
- Calves (both) – 3/8″ loss (who knew there, as well?!)
Overall, I think that is not too shabby with all things considered. My week in review regarding daily macros & exercise (a few days without proper input – so it will not be accurate).
- Monday: 1704 calories consumed ~ 72% Fat 20% Protein 8% Carbs ~ 45 minutes weight training
- Tuesday: 1669 calories consumed ~ 75% Fat 17% Protein 8% Carbs ~ 27 minutes weight training ~ 10 minutes cardio
- Wednesday: 1390 calories (not all entered) ~ 73% Fat 20% Protein 7% Carbs (what was entered)
- Thursday: 1108 calories (not all entered) ~ 89% Fat 7% Protein 4% Carbs (what was entered)
- Friday: 1801 calories consumed ~ 79% Fat 19% Protein 2% Carbs
- Saturday: 1249 calories (not all entered) ~ 87% Fat 11% Protein 2% Carbs (what was entered) ~ 45 minutes cardio ~ 25 minutes weight training (weight trained early in the morning & then back in the afternoon with my husband for cardio)
- Sunday: 1690 calories consumed ~ 87% Fat 11% Protein 2% Carbs ~ 50 minutes weight training
As you can see, I went a little awry a few days. I allowed distractions and did not write down or enter my macros in my FatSecret App.
I made it to the gym 4 times last week. I do not spend hours at the gym. I like to get in and get out. When I lift weights, I push myself as hard as I can & lift as much weight as possible and only allow 10 second rest periods between reps. So, I work up a sweat. I do not particularly enjoy cardio. When I feel like adding it in, I take advantage and go as long as I can. Also when I work in my cardio, I’ll either walk as fast as my heart & legs allow on an incline on the treadmill; use the stair stepper; or my current favorite- I don’t know the name. It’s like an elliptical machine but your legs move side to side versus up and down. My cardio usually entails some building on my leg muscles and I set the machines to the proper resistance. I don’t enjoy and do not want to be running like a hamster in a wheel. I do not knock anyone who enjoys running and going really fast. Good for them. I’d rather be on the apparatus for a shorter amount of time with the resistance higher. That’s just how I roll.
So, there you have it. One week down and lifetime to go!